Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Goals

Why does the weekend go by so fast!?

I am so glad it is Sunday though.  This morning my alarm went off and I opened my eyes and saw that it was bright outside and I flew out of bed.  I thought it was Monday morning and my back up alarm was going off. Then I realized, wait if my back up alarm is going off it would still be dark outside so I realized it was Sunday.  It's always nice to think it's Monday and realize there still a whole entire day left of the weekend.  It sucks when it is the opposite and you wake up on a Tuesday and think it's Friday!  Oh man that happened to me once and it was the longest week ever!

*****

This morning I woke up and my stomach was feeling kind of off.  I decided to lay in bed and read a little until I was hungry.  I was going to have just a piece of fruit, but figured a more filling breakfast would be the healthier choice so I made some oatmeal.  I sure am glad I did because I think I have a new favorite oatmeal bowl.

I had oats already soaking in almond milk in the fridge so this morning I added 1/4 cup Wholesoy Unsweetened Plain Yogurt, 1 small mashed banana, and 1/2 scoop Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein Powder.  Then I topped it with some banana slices and cinnamon.

This seriously tasted like Banana Cheesecake!

*****

Let's talk about this months goals.  Some of them are going to be the same as last month since I want to improve on them.

1. Don't Stress Over Time. I realized this past month that I am always stressing over time.  I am always rushing from one activity to the next.  I want to drive home from the store as quickly as possible.  I want to shop for as little time as possible to get back home.  I want to leave Jazzercise as soon as possible after class so I can get other things done in my day.  I can't do this chore now because I only have an hour left to get ready for work.  It's already noon!?  Where is the day going!?  I only have 2 more hours until I should get to bed.  These are thoughts that are constantly running through my head.  I need to stop looking at the time and stressing that there are so many more waking hours left before bed.  I need to stop looking at the time and worrying about when I should eat next.  I need to stop RUSHING through everything I do in my life.  This past month I have realized that time is giving me a lot of stress!  So this month I want to stop looking at the clock so much, stop worrying about what time it is, stop counting down the hours, and just take a moment to breathe!

2.  Eat More Mindfully.  I love food and hate to force it down my throat as fast as possible.  I'm usually pretty good at this, but I would like to put down the fork/spoon between bites and really savor the flavors of my meal.  This also kind of goes with the goal above to worry less about time, since sometimes I eat quickly since I want to go do other things.  I need to remember that it is okay to sit and relax for even 20 minutes to enjoy my meal.

3.  Drink Smoothies.  This is a goal I'm carrying on from last month.  I would like to drink at least 15 smoothies again this month.  It is a good way for me to add extra nutrition and calories in my day.

4.  Be More Social.  This is also a goal I'm carrying over from last month.  This cold weather has definitely been keeping me inside.  After being at work all day and then exercising after, by the time I get home and finally get warm from being outside, I want nothing more than to sit curled up under blankets and catch up on some T.V. shows.  This is okay some nights, but I really need to make an effort to get out more and catch up with friends, especially on the weekends.

I am only going to focus on these four goals this month.  It is a short month and my first goal about time is something I really want to focus on and improve.  Hopefully I can do it!

*****

On Today's agenda:
  • Go to the library to return an old book and get a new book.
  • Go to Target.  I'm thinking about getting a curling iron to add some curl to my long, straight hair.  It needs a new style instead of the plain, straight look every. single. day.
  • Go to the grocery store.  The last two weeks I have eaten out a few times and made so many soups/stews/chilis.  All these foods have been so heavy for me that I have been craving light, fresh foods like salads, fresh veggies and fresh fruits so I'm going to go stock up!
  • Relax the rest of the day and enjoy the rest of the weekend.  And possibly watch parts of the Superbowl, I'm not the biggest football fan though and I hate the Ravens so it depends how ridiculous the game gets.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment