Sunday, January 20, 2013

First iherb Order

After hearing about iherb.com, I finally made my first order.

My favorite protein powder: Sunwarrior Blend Vanilla
A new to me product: Peanut Flour
Free Samples: Amazing Meal and CocoCardio

I used to buy the protein powder at The Vitamin Shoppe but it is actually cheaper online, however I'm not sure if it would still be cheaper after counting in the shipping price since I haven't had to pay for shipping yet.  I got free shipping since I spent over $40.  I figure if every time I make an order at iherb.com I order protein powder, I will always receive free shipping.  Since I go through the protein powder pretty quickly, it's not like I will have massive amounts of the stuff.  Plus, the only time I probably will make an iherb.com order is when I'm running low on protein powder.



The next thing I bought was the peanut flour.  I have heard about peanut flour on so many different blogs and it sounded really tasty, especially since I am such a big fan of peanut butter.  I wasn't sure how similar it was to PB2, but after trying it out I think it has a much stronger peanut taste, which is a definite plus for me.  It also is much higher in protein than PB2.  In two tablespoons of PB2 there is only 4 grams of protein.  In two tablespoons of peanut flour there is 8 grams of protein!  So far I have been using this peanut flour a lot in oatmeal bowls and to make Peanut Butter Protein Waffles.  (I'll post the recipe in the near future!)



Ooh an idea just occurred to me...I wonder how this would taste in plain almond yogurt.  It would become Peanut Butter Yogurt.  Oh and then I can add in some mashed banana for Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt.  I think I know what I'll be having for snack tomorrow.  (I would have this tonight but I have a Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding that I made earlier which is setting in the fridge!)

I then received a free sample of Amazing Meal.


I added it to a smoothie that had almond milk, and half a banana.  Not the most interesting smoothie, but I felt like I was getting a lot of nutrients with the powder.  It was good, but it's so expensive I don't think I'd actually buy the product.  To add greens to my smoothies I usually just add spinach.  However, when I was at a natural food store the other day, I did buy another sample of a different variety of amazing grass.  I'll have to see how it compares.

The last product is the CocoCardio which I haven't had a chance to try out yet.  I'm thinking it might be good to use to make a hot cocoa.  I'll let you know how it turns out!



iherb.com is perfect for buying bulk items at a decent price, especially items that you use on a constant basis like how I use the Sunwarrior protein and now the peanut flour!

If interested in making an iherb.com order, if you enter the code LWZ362 at checkout you can receive $10 off your first order if you spend more than $40 or $5 off your first order if you spend less than $40.

It is a Sunday night but it feels like a Saturday with there being no work tomorrow!  Thank goodness, I definitely need the extra day off.  Since there's no work I'm going to try to stay on top of blogging and be back tomorrow!  Until then, I think I'll catch up on Pretty Little Liars since I never had the opportunity yesterday due to falling asleep early from fighting off a cold and enjoy that Chia Pudding I made.


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment