Sunday, December 23, 2012

2 Days

Where did December go!?  How can it only be 2 more days until Christmas already!?

Since I finished another semester of grad school on Monday and am now on winter break for work since Friday afternoon, I totally enjoyed Saturday.  It was such a cold and windy day that I stayed inside watching Christmas movies and reading for pleasure (not class!).  I'm so happy I don't have any more school work or even work tomorrow.  Yesterday, I also finally planned out what I would be making for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner.  I'll talk about that more in another post.  It is already 10:15 pm here so I'm going to keep this short :-p

This morning I woke up at 7.  I really wanted to get a little more rest but I was more determined to get Christmas food and gift shopping done before the stores got too crowded.  Getting up early definitely paid off, the stores weren't bad at all.  Within 3 hours and 15 minutes I went to Wegman's, Marshall's, Kohl's, Target, Barnes and Noble, and stopped at the gas station.

The rest of the day was spent mostly relaxing.  I also got some fresh air with my dog; we took a quick walk around the neighborhood.  Later I made a quick dinner.  It was very festive looking which I totally didn't even plan.  This isn't a great photo, I used my iphone.  But in person the sauce looked much redder and you could see the green broccoli much better.

This was a mix of quinoa, chickpeas, broccoli, flaxseeds, and nutritional yeast mixed together with pasta sauce.


Tomorrow my mom and I plan on starting our day with a workout at Jazzercise while my dad and brother spend some quality time going to see a movie in the theaters; their big movie fans.  After Jazzercise, my mom and I will be watching lots of Christmas movies while we cook dinner for Christmas Eve until my dad and brother get back. The Grinch, The Polar Express, and A Christmas Story are all movies I love to watch every year and haven't watched yet.  I also need to wrap all the gifts I bought.  Yeah, totally waited last minute with that.  Then the rest of the night will be spent with the whole family.  I love this holiday!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment