Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

This is the last day, and last post, of 2012.  This has been a really good year for me so here's to hoping 2013 is even better!  Here's some things I'm proud about this year:

  • I really progressed in life this year with grad school and work.  
  • I began a vegan, plant-based diet and it is the best decision I ever made!  I have so much more energy than I've ever had in my life and I feel better about myself as a person, more confident!
  • I became more aware of having a healthy body.  I reduced the amount of cardio I was currently doing almost daily, increased my strength training, and began eating to meet the needs of my body to build healthy muscle mass.
  • I became a better decision maker.  I know what I want and I have not been afraid to go after it.
  • I have become much more positive in life!
There are probably so many more, but these are the main ones that really stand out to me.  

*****

I have to leave for a dentist appointment in 15 minutes so I'm going to wrap this post up with some pictures of just a few foods (that I remembered to take pics of and foods that weren't just plain fruits or veggies) that I enjoyed over the weekend.

Banana Berry Yogurt Smoothie


Vegetable Fried Rice




Kale and Chickpeas
(This is actually a recycled picture.  
The bowl I had this weekend had brown rice instead of quinoa.)


Last night I crumbled one of these on top of yogurt with a sliced banana.  
OMG it was SO good! I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of that.


A raw Fruit Protein Porridge - It came out more like a smoothie because I used a frozen banana and I think I overblended it.  It included chia seeds, buckwheat groats, pepitas, coconut, 1/2 banana, frozen mixed berries, sunwarrior protein, cinnamon, and agave.

*****

I'll be back in the new year with some New Year's Resolutions!

Happy New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment