Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Free Night

The two busiest days of the week are over!  Monday was a long day because I had orientation for my new job, work, then my final class for the semester.  Tuesday was a long day because I worked out in the morning at 6 am, had work, then babysat all evening.  Whew!

Today started out with a delicious breakfast creation.

In the mix: Soy yogurt mixed with PB2, 1/2 sliced banana (hiding under the yogurt), granola, and a crumbled chocolate zucchini muffin from Happy Herbivore.

I made the muffins this past weekend for snacks throughout the week.  These were the best muffins I have ever made gluten free.  Instead of whole wheat flour I used 1/2 oat flour and 1/2 sorghum flour.


After breakfast, I checked some emails.  I had one from my professor from Monday's class.  She posted our grades on the final assignment and our final grades.  I have been so nervous about this final assignment.  My professor is a really good professor, she know's what she is talking about which is really good, but it makes her a really tough grader.  I already had a few points deducted on previous assignments and went into my final (and toughest) assignment knowing that one small mistake could be the difference between an A or an A- for the class.  I really wanted the A, so far I have maintained a 4.0 in all my grad school courses, I couldn't ruin that now.

I was so nervous clicking on the grade link and I had received 100% on the assignment!!! Woo!!!!! My professor said I did a fabulous job and there were no errors.  I ended up with a A for the class!  I am so happy!  It really goes to show that hard work pays off :)

With that amazing news I headed off to work.  The only thing I had to do today!  I thought about going to workout at Jazzercise after work.  A few months ago I definitely would have no doubt, but I am trying to build muscle mass so have been cutting back on the cardio and increasing the strength training.  Normally, Wednesday's are days I work with my personal trainer but she is on vacation, which is why I wanted to get in some type of workout today.  But I thought better of it since I worked out yesterday morning and I will be going tomorrow since Thursday's are days I help class manage.  Plus, I never give myself a free night so I'm sure giving myself a relaxing night at home is more needed than a workout today.

So with that being said it is time to start that relaxing evening, catching up on reading a few blogs and then I'm thinking watching a Christmas movie.  Oh, but first I'm about to go enjoy this yummy dinner I just made:


I love this meal!  I have been eating it at least once a week lately.  I just saute some kale in coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar.  Then, I stir in chickpeas and quinoa and top it off with nutritional yeast.  So good and packs a ton of protein!

Oh one more thing.  I'm so excited that there's only 2 more work days and then a week off for winter break!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment